Summer Internship at Maha
Build skills in event coordination and nonprofit management alongside the Maha team this summer.
April 13, 2022
REPORTS TO: Executive Directors
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Maha intern will support the co-executive directors on a range of initiatives for the 2022 Maha Festival event season. This is a general internship offering an opportunity for skills development across a comprehensive range of departments, including marketing and communications, operations, community management, and sponsorship support.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in learning about arts & culture nonprofits and the music industry. Areas of focus include project management, digital content support, research, and administrative-oriented tasks. A demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work independently are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to be present at the Maha office in North Downtown Omaha for approximately 10 hours per week, May through August. A hybrid work schedule, with some hours at the office and some at home, may be considered.
- Increased availability during Maha’s flagship event (July 29-30, 2022) and the days before and after
- Assist team with promotional efforts, with an emphasis on digital content management (cataloging, video production support, data tracking, report preparations) and nontraditional marketing campaigns
- Assist team with festival operations, including vendor relations, supply ordering, inventory, signage coordination, and on-site event logistics
- Process the main Maha email inbox by answering messages and routing inquiries, including during the festival
- Assist with sponsor and donor relations and community partnerships by supporting on-site festival needs, preparing reports, and distributing ticket packages
- General project coordination and record keeping support
- Occasionally carry out other duties as assigned
- Experience or relevant coursework in nonprofit administration, business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Prior experience in an office setting is helpful
- Existing knowledge of social media best practices, or willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Google Workspace products (Drive, Documents, Sheets, Calendar)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Junior or senior status in college with a pending degree in nonprofit administration, business, marketing, communications, or related field, or,
- Recent college graduate with a degree in nonprofit administration, business, marketing, communications, or related field
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, DESIGNATIONS, EQUIPMENT:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to use own computer equipment
- Willingness to use own smartphone with available memory space and working camera
May be required to drive for meetings and to gather items for events. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
May through August 2022, approximately 10 hours/week, $17/hour
Please send your resume and brief cover letter expressing what excites you most about this opportunity to email@example.com by May 2, 2022. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Organization is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in hiring, firing, promotion, pay or any other term or condition of employment on any protected status as set forth by federal, state or local law, and may include such factors such as race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, ancestry, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other protected status. YFC prohibits discrimination based on an employee’s or a prospective employee’s genetic screening or testing information. Any employee who is aware of discriminatory conduct or who has any concern about a possible violation of this policy should immediately report the concern to their supervisor and/or the YFC Board President.
Maha is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on bringing people together by curating and producing cultural experiences that positively impact the city of Omaha. Since its inaugural event in 2009, Maha Festival has welcomed 100+ music acts, dozens of speakers, and attendees from all 50 states, all fueled by a dedicated group of hundreds of amazing volunteers. Maha Festival 2022 will take place July 29 and 30 at Aksarben Village.