Now Hiring: Development & Sales Manager
Attention fundraisers and sales professionals: Check out this opportunity to join the Maha team!
November 21, 2021
We are no longer accepting applications for this job.
JOB TITLE: Development & Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Communications & Strategy
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, salaried
Every summer since 2009, Maha Festival has attracted thousands of attendees from near and far to the center of Omaha, Nebraska for an unforgettable community-focused music event. As our flagship event continues to grow and evolve, we are seeking an experienced Development & Sales Manager to spearhead fundraising efforts in partnership with the Executive Directors. A new position within the organization, the Manager will have the opportunity to adapt the development function, assist in goal setting, and establish key strategies.
If you feel most at home engaging in conversation with someone you just met…
are passionate about contributing to your local community…
and want to help create memorable experiences enjoyed by thousands of people in the Omaha area…
We want to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute Maha’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from corporations, foundations, and individuals
- Collaborate with the Executive Directors and other team members to identify valuable sponsor fulfillment offerings
- Lead the process for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with stakeholders
- Oversee organization of sponsor deliverables at annual festival, requiring on-site personnel management
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Understand and communicate the Maha mission and vision with enthusiasm and accuracy
- Identify and act on new fundraising prospects on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated experience selling product or raising funds on behalf of a company or organization
- Knowledge of donor relations best practices
- Familiarity with nonprofit structure and fundraising, or willingness to learn
- Familiarity with the event industry is helpful but not required
- Impeccable integrity, positive attitude, and commitment to the Maha mission
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a self-directed, organized, and timely manner
- Experience contributing to or managing a CRM platform
- Proficiency working in Google Workspace and other basic computer applications
- Flexible schedule surrounding production of annual event
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in fundraising and/or sales
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, DESIGNATIONS, EQUIPMENT:
- Willingness to use own computer equipment, phone, and car (with reimbursements)
- May be required to drive for meetings and to gather items for events
- Must be able to work at a computer for several hours at a time
- Must be able to work outdoors in a physically tasking environment
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
COMPENSATION AND PERKS:
- $50,000-$55,000 annual salary, plus bonus earning potential
- Health and technology benefits
- Flexible schedule and unlimited paid time off
- Hybrid office/remote work model
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Organization is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate in hiring, firing, promotion, pay or any other term or condition of employment on any protected status as set forth by federal, state or local law, and may include such factors such as race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, ancestry, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other protected status. YFC prohibits discrimination based on an employee’s or a prospective employee’s genetic screening or testing information. Any employee who is aware of discriminatory conduct or who has any concern about a possible violation of this policy should immediately report the concern to their supervisor and/or the YFC Board Chair.
Maha is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on bringing people together by curating and producing cultural experiences that positively impact the city of Omaha. Over the years, Maha Festival has welcomed 100+ music acts, dozens of speakers, and attendees from all 50 states, all fueled by a dedicated group of hundreds of amazing volunteers.